A Well Rounded Program...
At The Martial Arts Center, our Adult Program is a blend of Okinawan Shuri-Ryu Karate and Shintoyoshin-Kai Jiu-Jitsu The result is versatility and practical self defense. Fun and safe training. Traditionally learning a Martial Art ~ not a Martial Sport.
"Providing Cross Training in the Martial Arts"
About Our Classes...
- All classes are 1 hour and 15 minutes in length.
- Our training area is fully matted for your safety.
- We offer separate classes for Basic and Advance level students.
- You can earn rank in both arts as you show proficiency in your requirements.
- Our class goal is for you to attain 3 things: an Education ~ learn something new, a Revelation ~ a better understanding of previously taught material and a Great Workout!
Developing the Body, Mind and Spirit...
In our Martial Arts program, the development of one's Body, Mind and Spirit is the goal.
* Physically, the student will become more flexible, agile, balanced, coordinated and stronger while learning practical self defense.
* Mentally, the student will learn about anatomy, physiology and psychology as it applies to the Martial Arts.
* Spiritually, the student will grow in their ability to give 100% to a cause, to “never give up” and to accept the strengths & recognize the weaknesses of oneself.
Daily Training and What to Expect...
Each class starts with a yoga based stretch followed by a warm up routine consisting of callisthenic and plyometric exercises. From there, each class is a little different as we might emphasize kicking in one class, striking in another, formal exercises, falling methods or trapping and grappling. During class we will push you aerobically and anaerobically, while encouraging “Concentration and Focus” despite the challenge.
Martial Arts is for You...
There is no specific "type" of person that studies the martial arts. People of all ages, sizes and builds are encouraged to begin training. You do not have to be in perfect shape before you can start either. The desire to get in shape, to protect yourself, to learn patience, peace and perseverance is all one needs to start.
"Come in for your first class today!"Download School Brochure